Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Mother's Day

A lonely young male turkey decide he needed to picnic with us also. It was pretty cool he wasn't afraid in the slightest.




I hope that Mother's Day was as great for you as it was for me. Sunday was a really nice day at my Mom's and at the park with Kendal's family. Although Ken had to work it was nice to get together and appreciate all the Moms in our life. I had been telling Kendal for weeks that all I really wanted was to have a nice picnic with my babies. But I wanted him to plan in all and I just wanted to go along for the ride. And that is exactly what I received. He ordered Mexican takeout and we went for a picnic to our favorite place (the cemetery). It is so relaxing up there. We always feel so at peace and we were really excited that it is finally warm enough that we can take Elley. I have thought to myself many time lately how many Moms are out there that want to spend their day at the cemetery. When reality sets in I think there are more then I would ever like to count or could count. Although Mother's day is a great day for me it is also a very bittersweet day. Memories and heartache hits home. But I believe my Dalty has sent me many signs lately to let me know he is thinking of me just as much as I think of him. I am truly thankful that I can see, hear and smell the sweet memories of him. I miss him so much and wish he was here. But my Mother's day was wonderful (thanks Ken). Here are some fun pictures of our day.

8 comments:

  1. Er... you are so strong and admirable. I love you and your cute lil family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so touching, I am sure that is a really hard day for you. There IS something so peaceful about being at the cemetary, though. Every time I look at your blog it makes me want to cry. I think about you guys all the time. Love ya, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, she is so stinking cute! I am so happy that the weather is getting better too! You look great by the way! See you soon...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet idea for Kendal to put together. I am glad you had a good day. I don't know how you stay so strong and positive. I bet is nice to be able to take Elley out now that it is getting warmer and RSV season is over. Hopefully now that I am back to Vernal we will see eachother more often. ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't hear about your little picnic with your babies. That's cute Miss Erin. Those pictures of Elley doll are darling! Can't wait to woop it up this weekend in our campers. See you tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an amazing person Erin. I admire you so much! You also have a great husband, I am glad you had good Mother's Day! Little miss Ellie is getting so dang cute....watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin and Kendal. I hope you don't mind but I came across your blog from Kassi's. Your family is adorable. I heard a bit ago about your Dalton and was so sad for you guys. From what I have read here and heard you seem to be so strong, much more so than I would be. Good luck. It was good seeing pictures of your cute family.

    Liesl Cook Law

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good Mother's Day present. Elley is getting so big and is SO cute. Thanks for sharing...you touched us all!

    ReplyDelete